.

Champions League

Soccer is huge over here. Huge. To connect with many friends, you've got to know about soccer. I've been lazy in this regard, content to wait out the season until the next one. The whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'd kind of settled on AC Milan as my team to pull for. Not the local favorite (FC Barcelona), but not the New York Yankees of soccer either. (Manchester United.)

Then I saw this.

Milan wants to pay 4.5 million to bring in Beckham.

Beckham is anti-what I'm looking for in a team. He's a golden boy with lots of flash, but he's past his prime and trading mostly on one golden leg. Not the tough, gritty type of play I want to identify with. (Think Pittsburgh Steelers of soccer.

It's the playoffs now, and I may just have to pull for Chelsea until the end and find a new team next year. Any other suggestions?
.

4 comments:

hannanation said...

Comment comment comment

Kristen said...

Go for West Ham United. They have a fun name.

Sra. Wilson said...

Yay for soccer! If I kept up with a sport at all it would be soccer. And if I was to root for a team it would be FC Sevilla. So, since I do neither, maybe you should root for them instead!
P.S. This is obviously from Courtney. Eric would never even consider supporting such an amazing sport! :)

Sra. Wilson said...

The only "amazing" thing about soccer is how long the announcers can scream "goooooallllllllll!" without taking a breath. Man, am I glad soccer is not big here. And if I had to recommend a team for you to cheer for, bro, it would be the KC Chiefs (maybe they could excel at soccer since they have not been doing so at football the past several years). This is obviously Eric's retaliation to his wife's pro soccer post. :D