.

Expedition Impossiple

Few things could make me re-fire up this blog. It's been dead for more than a year. But when ABC announced an Amazing Race-esque reality show set in the country of Morocco, well, that was too good to pass up.

I can't watch live because of school, so these updates will be a little behind. Here's a stream-of-consciousness from the first episode.

916: I climbed sand dunes with two other guys. After a minute, they both turned back. You take one step forward and slide one back. I was the only person to make it to the top, but it is tough. The wonder of being in the Sahara lasts about five minute--after that, it's just a large pile of sand.

919 Camels are a lot smellier than they look.
I had one friend get tossed off a camrl onto his head down a hill. His guide made him walk the rest of the way to camp. You always hoped you got a nice camel.

920: The pink girls are never going to make it
921 Team Kansas is an embarrassment

922 These guys know nothing about desert ife. They wear the long robes and headdresses to protect from the sun. Going in a tank top for a long way is not a smart move.

924 Not catching the hook of this show. What makes it different than amazing race? Incompetent contestants? Did they know where they were going? No evidence of research on the contestants part.

926 Latin Persuasion has to survive, right? No one else is nearly that unlikeable...

927 Find water? That's the challenge?

928 Football players are my favorite now. Cultural name, aggressive attitude, and no whining.

930 Digging becoming popular... and water found!! Football players still my favorite. Gay guys earned some respect, though.

932 Water challenge designed to let losers catch up. Good idea this early. SOMETHING has to keep the Latinas in the race.

933 "I would never have any of these women as my wife"...AGREED!

936 Moroccan skree is tough to control. When I climbed Toubkal, we got passed by some Frenchmen who later told our friends we were moving "really slow." It's embarrassing, but you have to keep moving.

938 Rappelling off the Toja Gorge? Wish I could have done that. Beautiful area.

Akbar is a wuss at rappelling. Big talk is evaporating after his misstep at the well.

941 I didn't realize I could miss those blasted horns...

 943 Taking parents/grandparents on these things sounds like fun until the age starts to show. But the mom is still rappelling better than Akbar.

945 Latinas going to get floated another week.

946  The Gypsies is such a lame name that I can't root for them.

947 Its fun to watch pro athletes struggle in conditions that I loved. Feeling a little homesick.

949 Latinas scared of the dark?

951 Darkness falls fast in the desert. When the sun disappears behind the horizon, there isn't much light to linger behind.

952 Latinas tossed!! Not sad, but I don't dislike anyone else as much. Maybe Team Kansas, to end the embarrassment.
955 Hmm, no gimicks at the end. Somehow refreshing. 


Overall, the show gets a B+.Nice scenery and personality, but a lack of compelling characters or signiture gameplay differences may do this show in quickly.
.

0 comments: